Last Modified: August 11, 2015
- What Information do we collect?
- How do we use this information?
- How do we share your information?
- What are your options?
- Children's Privacy
- How do we store your information?
- Plain English Use Cases
- Would you like to contact us?
1. What Information do we Collect?
We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your first name and last name, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password
- Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, including your postal address, telephone number and payment information
- Information sent when commenting on videos, naming videos you share, or similar functionality
- Information you provide to us when you use our site and application on third-party sites such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account
- Usage, viewing and technical data when you visit our sites, use our application.
2. How do we use this information?
We may use information we receive to help you efficiently access your information after you sign in; remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; provide personalized content and information to you and others; provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; develop and test new products and features; monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; diagnose or fix technology problems; and automatically update the SKIT! Kids application on your device.
In summary, we use it to:
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our site or application or changes to our policies
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
3. How do we share your information?
We will not share your personal information except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as if you were to direct us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites
- Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
4. What are your options?
We do our best to offer you as much flexibility as we can:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to provide you with our SKIT! Kids making services.
5. Children’s Privacy
The SKIT! Kids app and website is intended to inspire storytelling and collaboration for Kids under 13. SKIT! Kids recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. When someone under 13 years of age attempts to sign up for SKIT! Kids we take additional steps to protect that person's privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about how the SKIT! Kids app works and about our information practices with regard to children, and obtaining consent from that parent before allowing access to SKIT! Kids and collecting information.
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted
For additional information about our practices regarding children’s personal information, contact us at email@example.com
6. How do we store your information?
We seek to protect your information to ensure that it is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of any user information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
We store all of our information using industry-standard techniques and practices. We do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to information about you that we store.
8. Plain English Use Cases
Sometimes the "Lawyer Talk" gets in the way of clearly understanding what's going on here. "Not forgoing the aforementioned details," here are some use cases for clarity:
An adult or child with consent can:
- Use SKIT! Kids to create animated videos that contain images, text, and audio recordings.
- The audio recordings can be (but don't have to be) of the user's voice
- The images can be from the device's camera, photo album, the SKIT! Kids gallery, or from Pixabay.com, an internet source for creative commons no-attribution images.
- Users 13 or over also have the ability to import GIF images at GIPHY.com
- The text can be anything you type, although we utilize filters to prevent most bad words, phone numbers, etc.
- The videos can then be shared "Publically" with the SKIT! Kids community or "Privately" via a link. They can also be saved to your album, sent via an SMS message, posted to Facebook, Twitter, shared via Email, etc..
- People can watch the SKIT! Kids videos that others share "Publically" either on our website or in the SKIT! Kids app. But only adults or children with consent can comment on those videos.
- Users of SKIT! Kids have profiles that contain a profile image and profile name.
- Every SKIT! Kids shared is inherently remixable -- a core concept of our Storytelling Platform. If you share a skit with a picture of your dog, someone else can remix that skit and use anything in it (audio, images, fx) in their own creation. If you do not want your skit to be remixable by anyone in the community, only share privately, or don't share at all.
If it wasn't already, it should be clear what SKIT! Kids is and what skit users can do with the platform. The personal information we collect is mostly to make this all work well, and to follow the law and moral best practices as best as we can. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you promptly.
Would you like to contact us?
If you have any questions about the privacy of using SKIT! Kids, please send a detailed message to email@example.com and we will get back to you promptly. For questions related to child privacy you may call SKIT! Kids support at (617) 701-7757.